Thursday, September 17, 2009

Get Organized: Create systems and lists

Yes, I got organized today! I just spent 3 hours this morning expanding our companies reach on the internet. I updated, created, published and blogged in numerous places. All are places we should be visible on a regular basis but have been doing only sporadically.

The reason it has been sporadic is because I don't have a system in place. So, I created one today. I now have a list of all the websites where I need to be submitting articles, blogs and press releases. I also created a table that has the date and description of what was submitted.

And the final step in my system is to schedule time on my calendar (on a repeating basis) for me to submit information to the various websites.

The moral of the story... creating systems and setting up lists make implementation of getting organized much easier!

-Becky Esker is the president of Get Organized! LLC, a professional organizing service, serving the greater Cedar Rapids area. Do you want to get organized? Get your FREE “28 Tips for Organizing Your Home & Business” brochure. Request your brochure from 319-395-7477 or access www.GoGetOrganizedNow.com.